środa, 27 listopada 2013

English Tenses - forms

Here is a paradigm of the verb “play” which I made to illustrate forms of different tenses in English. “Play” is a very regular verb, so all forms it takes look like rules of a tense formation. I hope  this will help you to defeat the monster called English tenses. There is also a useful link which will lead you to a printable version of my tense table. Wishing you lot of luck with the tensesJ

PLAY
                                                       Simple  (do)                                               
Present            I/you/we/they play                                
                         he/she/it plays                                        
                         I/you/we/they don’t play                      
                         he/she/it doesn’t play                             
                         Do I/you/we/they play?                      
                         Does he/she/it play                                

Past                  I/you/he/she/it/we/they played                
                         I/you/he/she/it/we/they didn’t play           
                         Did I/you/he/she/it/we/they play?            

Future              I/you/he/she/it/we/they will play             
                         I/you/he/she/it/we/they won’t play           
                         Will I/you/he/she/it/we/they play?             

Continuous  (be + verb-ing)
Present            I am playing
                         you/we/they are playing
                         he/she/it is playing
                         I’m not playing
                         you/we/they aren’t playing
                         he/she/it isn’t playing
                        Am I playing?
                        Are you/we/they playing?
                        Is he/she/it playing?

Past                 I/he/she/it was playing 
                        you/we/they were playing
                        I/he/she/it wasn’t playing
                        you/we/they weren’t playing
                        Was I/he/she/it playing?
                        Were you/we/they playing?   

Future             I/you/he/she/it/we/they will be playing
                        I/you/he/she/it/we/they won’t be playing
                        Will I/you/he/she/it/we/they be playing?      

Perfect  (have + Past Participle)
Present               I/you/we/they have played
                            he/she/it has played
                            I/you/we/they haven’t played
                            he/she/it hasn’t played
                            Have I/you/we/they played?
                            Has he/she/it played?

Past                   I/you/he/she/it/we/they had played
                          I/you/he/she/it/we/they hadn’t played
                          Had I/you/he/she/it/we/they played?


Future              I/you/he/she/it/we/they will have played
                         I/you/he/she/it/we/they  won’t have played
                         Will I/you/he/she/it/we/they have played?

Perfect continuous  (have+ been+verb -ing)

Present             I/you/we/they have been playing
                        he/she/it has been playing
                        I/you/we/they haven’t been playing
he/she/it hasn’t been playing
Have I/you/we/they been playing?
Has he/she/it been playing?

Past                 I/you/he/she/it/we/they had been playing
I/you/he/she/it/we/they hadn’t been playing
Had I/you/he/she/it/we/they been playing?

Future              I/you/he/she/it/we/they will have been playing
I/you/he/she/it/we/they won’t have been playing
                       Will I/you/he/she/it/we/they have been playing?






Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz